Turned out I was late afterall, but Dyne had to rush her sister to the doctor at the last minute, so turned out she was later than me. Funny how things fell together in place. :)
The baby check-up was kinda screwed because when we got there, it was their lunch hour. We had to wait for about 45 minutes before the doctor returns. My aunt ended up staying at home instead because she was still feeling weak, so it was down to me and my mother. By the time, the morning madness had passed, and when there's a baby around, everything is sunshine. I jaga the baby when we were at the polyclinic so everyone seemed to think that I is the mother, which felt kinda strange. When we finally saw the doctor, she 'mother'ed me and I went 'not me'. The doctor then 'grandmother'ed my mother and my mother corrected the confusing relationship and announced that we is the aunt and cousin respectively, which I supposed is a rare combination to be seen at baby check-up. The doctor, by the way, is hot and funky, and if I were a lesbian, I will hit on her.
Anyhow, I ended up an hour late. After baby was brought home in one piece, I rushed down to Orchard and combed Forever 21 while I waited for Dyne, whose sister came down with viral fever, poor thing. Hanging out in Forever 21 was depressing as was surrounded by clothes that I wished I own. Tried on this lavenderish-blue (use your imagination) peasant-style dress which cost a lot but only look nice for the upper part of the body. It is a unique colour I totally dig, but 'cos the bottom cut didn't quite fit my taste, back it went on the shelf. It was supposed to be Dyne's shopping trip today, but I ended up doing all the shopping. A $9.90 T-shirt and Shiseido make-up remover, which I was intending to get anyway. When we stepped out of Tangs, talking about the Nike watch that I wanted, the watch showcase was right there staring at us, outside Tangs. So we popped over, I tried on some watches and was disappointed. They are all too big on my wrist. :(
We had dinner at Hans 'cos I wanted to try out their pasta (which sucked) and the auntie is still very fierce-looking. But the place is not packed and it's quiet and conducive for chat. Talked about careers and friends and how everyone would be 4 years from now, who would be married with children, who would still be free and unbridled. Makes me excited about the next 4 years, with the awareness that so many things can change and will change.
It has been a fast 3 years in university. Sometimes time passed so slowly, but when I looked back, I couldn't believe that I'm out of it already. Strangely, I found myself thinking about school a bit now and then, the library and the canteen, the staircases, the routines. Wondering if I had wasted 3 years. Asking myself if I would miss the student life. If I wished I had done it some other way. A chapter of my life about to be closed and signed. Onward a new beginning. And all things considered, I am happy about it.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home