In a bizarre turn of events, for the final semester when I heck care and didn't study (cos, you know, last semester and all), I not only nailed the computational finance module, nailed straight As, I hit a 2nd upper. What the hell.
Now, when hard press for the decision of whether or not to withdraw from graduation, my mother did it for me. NO MONEY. GRADUATE. So I guess I am still graduating.
In other news, I am hot in power suit early in the morning. As in, weather-hot. Annoyingly so. And Hannah, I saw you in Urban when I was using it to fan myself in the train all the way to Raffles Place. And seriously, I think I can get used to trotting around in power suit in Raffles Place early morning, as it really does feel, erm, powerful. Good feeling anyhow. Just, you know, very hot.
The profile test I did for the company turned out to be so accurate, it's a little alarming. And unless any of you have had a 3.5 hrs long interview that never seems to end, I hold that record.
And a word of advice that is going to make me look really idiotic. Don't assume that turning your mobile to vibration mode is going to be enough appropriateness for your interview. Don't assume that no one is going to call you 'cos you believe that you've told everyone that you have an interview and not to call. Because you know, chances are, the phone is going to vibrate in the middle of your interview and the manager is nice enough to let you pick up the call in case it's life and death, and then next thing you know, you find yourself arranging another interview -- yes, over the phone and in front of your interviewer -- with another company, which just goes to show that someone somewhere has a love-hate relationship with me.
In any case, I did well to compensate for the faux pas. It was a verbal affirmation that I am going to get the job, but it has to go through the upper management and apparently, official job offer will only be confirmed sometime next week.
The manager saw me to the lift as we chatted away happily and I thanked her for the verbal offer when she told me something mildly disturbing. Along the line that, 'cos academic performance is not so important in this line, I didn't get the job because my A level cert is so pretty. I got the job 'cos I'm pretty. I thanked her for the compliment, and then I remained mildly disturbed for the rest of the day. I mean, I thought I kick all the other graduates' asses 'cos my results kick some serious butt, and then it turned out I kinda misunderstood the situation and my whole life of academic slogging goes down the drain, quite unappreciated. Don't feel very good about that.
~*~
Busy, busy day, I rushed home in time to do some preppy stuff for tomorrow's interview before I head down for my bro's meet-parent session. Very disconcerting to witness teacher-complain-about-bro situation, as had not ever found self in such situation, I cannot imagine how he has gotten in that situation in the first place. Nothing serious though. In fact, everything trivial, about messy files and falling asleep in class once. My bro tried to explain that he wasn't asleep so much as he was resting, and then I had to whisper to him (when the teacher was talking to mother) that the problem is not so much of whether it's 'rest' or 'sleep' but the fact that he found her class conducive for such leisurely activity, and not someone else's. Honestly, my bro is not very bright.Then, the parent-teacher thingy was taking so long we were really all quite restless 'cos the clock was ticking away above our head and X-Men was like, barely 30 minutes away. Lucky thing I didn't buy the tickets beforehand, 'cos we didn't make it anyway and had to watch the late evening one. It was good though. All action fest. Storm's hair is nice and Hugh Jackman is, you know, very sexy. :)
Last but not least. My first conquest for GSS. Venus black blazer 50% off. Muahahahaa.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home