The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Friday, May 26, 2006

Today morning interview at advertising agency was uber sianess as had proved I can't escape low pay/apprenticeship/intern/start-from-account kinda situation. Maybe I was going nuts, or maybe the string of interviews had triggered the social butterfly in me I ended up sorta, hmm, friendly with cafe guy at starbucks who greeted me with such sunshineness when I stepped in all demoralised by career dilemma crisis. When asked if I was there for a break from work (it was 11-ish), I told him about sucky interview and stuff and he was like, aw, you need a drink 'cept it's a bit too early for that but nair mind this coffee on the house! The cafe was like quite empty morning so we were chatting at the counter and stuff and he asked if I'm heading anywhere later, I told him I have another interview to go to and he was, poor thing, hope it's better this time, and maybe I can have your number we'll go out some other time. Then I asked him if he's gone through NS, he said no, and there was that. Cradle-robber I am not, but it was a nice chat and it cheered me up tremendously. And I got free coffee, mwah.

GSS at Bugis is unexciting by the way. Popped in Dorothy Perkins where only one small (like, very, very small) shelf of clothes was going on half price. Trotted through Seiyu and nothing felt different. Something is wrong or is it still early on GSS, so like, haven't warm up yet huh. In any case, I hope tomorrow being Saturday would be more exciting as am going to comb City Hall area with XY. Not that I am going to buy anything as finances are tight but it's like going/watching NDP on National Day, one should go witness the craziness even when one does not intend to participate. Then maybe head for some drinking as I really need to sort out my immediate future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home