GSS is decidedly unexciting. Nothing much is up for sales and those up for sales ain't what you wanna get. We did, however, spent a lot of time exploring the machines (those that you put coins in and turn and get a surprise in an eggy thingy, ya know?) and the shops that sells those thingies and I couldn't resist participating in the heng-swayness of it all and went along with XY to buy one of those heng-sway surprise thingy. Opened up the package to find cute kitty keychain and not my pinocchio. Well, it's cute anyway.
Marina Square has truly manifested into shopping haven. It's like Far East, Bugis Village, Wisma, Taka, all moulded together. I got a lacy black with white polka dots camisole without GSS discount, but it was a reasonable price anyhow and it is very pretty. And I got a PussyWagon keychain. :D
Puma store has been a disappointment. I drooled on shiny jeans in Levis, screamed at the price of clothes in Zara (hmm, I have expensive taste apparently; everything I picked up is above 200 bucks) and confused Miss Selfridge and Warehouse with Topshop, probably 'cos their line of clothes gave me many moments of deja vu. Which is like argh, 'cos the two brands used to have interesting designs and now they are mainstream.
When we were sure that we've combed every inch of the City Hall area (that is, covering Raffles City Shopping Centre, CityLink, Suntec, Marina Square), we had a quick dinner before popping into Giant and spent far too much time looking for the bottle opener. Honestly, why can't they just shelf the bottle opener where the drinks are? With bottle opener, beer and cocktails, we headed over to Esplanade, which was crowded and noisy, which was a little annoying. The performances at the open stage tonight was crowd-pleasing, and around 11 they started on the jazzzzzzz, but it's difficult to really enjoy the night with noisy youngster running about throwing verbal fucks at one another. Those annoying brats.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home