The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Went to KK to visit my aunt today and saw the baby. Baby! It's been a looooong time since we've a baby (baby!) around and I is excited. So cute! Kekeke. Baby!

Then came home and started crafting emails to reject previous job offers with much glee, only to have to spend an hour on the phone later with second company as the manager tried to persuade me to reconsider. It's not often that one is made to feel that one is so well-liked and desired, so it feels, naturally, quite bizarre if not a little flattering. I do like this manager so it was hard trying to put across in a firm manner that I am heading where I'm heading. It is also quite scary (to myself) to hear me negotiate terms in money-minded manner I'm-sorry-you-can't-promise-me-more-than-what-this-company-can, and I don't know if it's rude to tell someone that you are not accepting their offer 'cos they can't give you what another company can potentially fulfill 'cos that is basically no different from telling them that their company sucks when compared to their rival, but that does seem to me at the moment to be the best argument to end the long phone conversation, and at least, I was honest. And I suspect this is probably one of the few lines where you can ask and compare managers' income when making your point about learning from the best. A bit like disciple choosing best shifu to learn gong-fu from, I know, kekeke, but it is liddat lar.

Other news: out with the girls tomorrow! It's been a long time since we hanged out. Who knows if we will even have the time for that in our working life? So better make the best of it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home