The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Friday, June 09, 2006

Ahhahaa, I passed the first paper. 100 questions in 2 hours I 1 hour quickly finished and fled 'cos small enclosed freezing environment where all you get are flashing computer screens and mouse clicks clicking away is very bad for the sleep-deprived and hung-over cranky pmsing woman. My head.

Last night Swatch Club party at The Balcony, where I tagged along as 'partner' of club member, was er, okay. I am unimpressed by The Balcony except for the very yandao bartender who was also very attentive the moment we stepped into the room. Not knowing if the party is the cheapo type or otherwise, we waited for said bartender to list off supposedly limited limited drinks we can order, but none came. Took us a while to realise that it is FREE-FLOW anything you want! Free party, free-flow! Explains the hang-over. I, er, a bit over-excited over the concept of free-flow. So let me just hereby declare that Swatch is the kickassy cool company who not only have cool marketing people - who is funny and engaging, and also offer to polish your Swatch for you personally when he spotted scratches on the watch face - their party gives good platter (or rather, Balcony has good platter, gawd, the meatballs!) and whatever you want to drink, however much you want to drink.

There was a group of percussion they employed along with bodyart on models for the event. It is interesting, but not very exciting. The new Swatch Jelly is downright ugly, so I wasn't very disappointed that I didn't win a piece. XY did though. Best part of the night is chatting with radiologist who owns a freaking 200 over pieces of Swatch and another similarly fanatic Swatch manager cum collector. Interesting people who owns a lot of watches. Must be nice working for the company who makes your favourite watches. :)

Today morning is mad rush to take first adviser paper. Morning hour city-area rush is mad mad mad. First time I see Suntec as an office place than a shopping centre, since morning the shoppies ain't open. Took me a long time to powerwalk to tower 2 what the hell. Then the place is dead quiet I pity the receptionist, really. When I left after collecting my books from her, I belatedly realised that she is the only person on the entire floor if you discount the invigilators! No colleagues to talk to! By yourself the whole day! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, terrorists come, how? Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home