Went back to NUS for the first time since the last paper to watch Man of Letters. Nothing fantastic and definitely not worth buying expensive tickets for (so it's a good thing I got the ticket for free). There were memorable moments of comic relief (largely cheap ones, for good laughs), the sets are impressive and the male and female leads Robin Goh and Emma Yong were great, but honestly, nothing out of the ordinary. The show really only picked up 3/4 of the way through, was sometimes draggy, but mostly still decent. So, well, not a completely wasted night, especially since I got to meet up with XY, voltage-counting engineering intern who has turned more than a little nutty from too many a blueprint, who kept telling me about the intricacies of building a lift, wires and all, number of people, their weight, the direction they take when they go into the lift and where they choose to stand, all determining if the lift will give way and collapse. The talk about the 5-storey building blueprint for the University of New South Wales was a little bit more interesting, but enough for me to decide that I never want to marry an engineer.
Then, about my second interview with another finance institute. It went really well and I was asked to go back for a second interview next week. It's not the most fantastic job given that it's 100% commission-based and there's going to be very very late hours, but hey, every promising career entails long hours. And what makes this job very attractive is the place. For some reason, I really like the office. Reminded me of how it felt like when I first stepped into VJ for the open house. I picked VJ then despite the distance because of the way it made me feel (wah liew, sounds like picking romantic prospect), so I can't help but wonder if this good feeling about the place is an intuition I should heed. The people there are great. I was sitting there waiting for my interviewer to rush back from her earlier appointment, and every other managers who walked past said hi to me cheerily and they kept asking if I'm taken care of, if someone has attended to me, with a big grin on their faces. Positive work culture, checked. Happy people all over that place. My interviewer later told me that I got great reception because I'm a pretty girl and their office is yin shuai yang sheng, hahahha, which is true by the way. The yin shuai yang sheng part. Their admin staff is all-female, but the management consultants I've met that day are all male, 'cept for my interviewer.
I was supposed to have another interview today morning with an MNC that deals with pretty much the same stuff, but the hr screwed up royally by forgetting to send me details of where the interview is, calling me at 9am just now when my interview was at 9.30am, I decided this is not a good sign. Divine intervention or something. Obviously it was not meant to be.
I'm beginning to think that Jing is right. Maybe yuan fen counts when it comes to finding the right job (hey, you were the one who said this, right?). I was trying to find the name card of the manager who gave me a job offer and I couldn't find it anywhere. Everything was supposed to be in that bag of mine. I used the same bag for the interviews, but I could only recover the name card of the second company. A sign or something? Hmm.
Da Vinci Code later with my mum. Will comment later.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home