The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I was watching an episode of Grey's Anatomy the other day and this patient with a horrible bout of OCD - obsessive compulsive disorder - chided Sandra Oh's character for dissing his OCD when she and he are the same, which kinda gets to me because I've never realised that an overwhelming need to get As, to be successful, can be a form of OCD, channelled into something productive.

My area has been very happening these days. Being the largest GRC around, you bet that the candidates have been very hardworking, driving around in their vans all day, addressing whoever will listen. I've met the Chee Siok Ching two mornings in a row, despite being in different kopitiams for breakfast. Can't get away for a peaceful morning. Can't say that they are terribly charismatic, but they do trot around with a great sense of purpose, unlike the people of the other party that I've seen loitering around yesterday morning. Yes, loitering. Because they didn't really seem that interested to hang out with the people (ahem, their people) around the place, just jamming up the queue at the coffee counter collecting their stuff. Whichever way I see it, it's quite screwed-up, since both left bad impression of slightly different variation, but bad impression nonetheless, which means that I'll just have to vote the less crazy party, whether I like them or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home