The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

First and foremost, a loud shoutout to Bing and Jing. SO SORRY I MISSED OUR LUNCH DATE. T__T

Secondly, I closed another case yesterday. :)

Yesterday was supposed to be my 'free day', but the morning of my training in the office I was offered a roadshow slot at Bukit Panjang Plaza by a colleague who fell sick unexpectedly. Seeing that a roadshow slot in a unfamiliar territory popped up out of nowhere, I made a grab for it.

However, when I got there, I was a little pissed off for some work-related reason better left unsaid. Coupled with the fact that BP Plaza was like no man's land on a weekday afternoon, I was very, very pissed off that I even bothered grabbing for the slot.

Then I kept thinking about what pissed me off in the first place, which has got something to do with money, I just went a little nuts working, concentrating on getting a client out of the few flies buzzing about in the ulu shopping centre. Then I discovered the power of sheer will, man. I became one of the first closers of the day there, making a client out of someone who looks so young no one bothered with him, while everyone else was slacking and stoning at the depressing 'crowd'.

Moral of the story. Ask and you may get what you want. Don't ask, sure don't have one what. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home