The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Thursday, November 03, 2005

A Brand New Look for a brand new day

Change of image because I have too much time in my hands to waste. Honestly, three days of resting does tremendous damage to my sense of motivation, which now stands at a glorious zero. I haven't been doing any academic stuff at all despite tomorrow being my second test for complementary medicine. I suppose if I can tikam my way to a B- for herbal medicine, I should have less trouble tikaming aromatherapy and homeopathy.

Anyway, Hari Raya is good because I woke up to the aroma of good Malay food. Curries, redang and tarts. So sinful, but so deliciously so.

I was supposed to be spending time working on my report on aromatherapy (due tomorrow and not any work done as of now) and to read the books I've checked out for my 19th century lit studies but I ended up reading all sorts of irrelevant stuff and I seriously don't know if I've finally wised up or what because it does make more economical sense to learn about the Singapore Stock Exchange than say, George Eliot and Victorian England, but then again I'm not supposed to be saying stuff like this. I am a lit. student. I am not a capitalist. No.

And speaking of SGX, I've just found out that I've been wasting my precious 85 cents everyday buying Business Times when I can subscribe it for FREE via news feeder. *shake fists* Sometimes, I really wonder how slow I can get. The wonder of RSS shouldn't have escaped my radar! Such a darling thing it is, I would kiss it if it has a human form. In any case, while it's very tempting to stop buying Straits Times now that I've found out the wonders of RSS, I guess I would still continue to buy ST because I happen to like reading Life! very much.

***

Term is fast coming to an end. I can feel it in my bones, the way I'm getting lazier and lazier now that I have less assignment due. And now that I've decided to graduate next year, there is a nice feeling of inconsequence, that I can kick back and relax and not care if I'll do well. Because chances are I'll do decent just like that, and that's more than enough if I'm just going for a BA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home