The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

SO PAISEH!

Alamak, something very embarrassing just happened to me. I was happily typing away on my laptop in the dining room when my mother came and showed me this envelope. I saw the green mosque sign at the top of it and promptly tell my mother ...

Me: Aku tak da wu Melayu lar! [*pardon the incorrect spelling, my malay very rusty at best]

And upon saying that immediately saw that there was English on the envelope, and so exclaimed excitedly ...

Me: EH! GOT ENGLISH!

Note that all this while I was very animated, as is the tendency when I am with my wacko mother.

And then I heard laughter from the door, and realised that it was a donation envelope and the Malay guy was just outside the door, and have seen and heard everything I've said.

Want to hide self somewhere, but rendered incapable of moving an inch of my molecule.

He: "Ah mui! Your Melayu bagus!" *shows thumb-up*

Me: *facepalms*

He: So cute.

Me: *under table*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home