The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Early morning trauma with lizards

My little brother has moved into my room since the older one has returned from the camp because the latter has erratic sleeping patterns. Poor ickle thing has only got to enjoy the WOOHOO-whole-room-to-myself thing for a few months before the world came crashing down around his ears. I have erratic sleeping patterns too, but the situation is somewhat preferable because I do not have ah-beng tunes ringing off insistently on my mobile in the middle of the night and whole of early morning. So being the good sister that I am, I graciously let the little one move into my room, and I was even generous enough to let him have the bed.

No, actually it has nothing to do with generosity. As an overall strange person, I have never slept on the bed since moving into this apartment. There is something about that bed that I don't like, but can't put my finger on what exactly I have against the bed, so I sleep on a mattress on the floor.

Today morning, at six, my brother woke for school. Nothing out of the ordinary. I was in the state of having been woken (am a light sleeper) and trying to get back to sleep when this happened.

Bro: Pssst. Pssst.
Me: *sleeps*
Bro: PSST.
Me: *think violent thoughts*
Bro: Jie, jie.
Me: ...
Bro: JIE!
Me: WHAT LAR?
Bro: A lizard just went into the room.
Me: *jumps higher than a kangaroo* What? Where?
Bro: Er, dunno. It was there. *points at near where I was sleeping* But now I dunno where.
Me: *SCREAM like a banshee* *jumps on bed*

Then I refused to get down the bed until there was clear evidence that the lizard had left the room, which was difficult to determine as lizard was nowhere to be seen. And because the possibility of that lizard having crawled its way into my blanket, mattress, or pillow is too horrifying an idea to risk, I decided to sleep on the bed, much to my brother's distress as he is OCB (obsessive-compulsive behavior) about people sleeping where he's slept (and also touching his carefully-arranged stuff, and sharing his food).

Lizards are foul things, I tell you. I HATE lizards.

In other news, digestive system doesn't feel very good today. Suspect it's got to do with the Tom Yum Soup. I guess I've asked for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home