Of earrings and skirts and rabbits and an ingenious plan patented by me
Was supposed to do window-shopping with the sisterhood today, and so was unable to provide adequate explanation to the phenomenon of whipping out the ATM card not once but twice to pay for a pair of earrings at Future State and then a skirt at This Fashion. Obviously, the concept of window-shopping has not been computed into my basic cognitive comprehension since birth, as has totally escaped me and is unlikely to ever find itself back home again.
Had lunch at Yum Cha, and dinner at VietThai. Both very good, but wished they were less expensive.
Something funny happened to Karen at VietThai. We girls were sitting around chit-chating, and I was doing something funny with my hands, as is a habit, by hitting my fingers together, as if clapping hands, but not quite. At some point, I felt someone looking at me, so I looked up and saw the bigeyes!waiter looking at me. When he saw that I saw, he imitated my hand actions with a lopsided grin on his face (he was waiting for the other table to make their orders), at which point I immediately dropped my hands on the table. And because I could not stop myself, I let out a quick giggle and smiled back, and he nodded with a smile, and I returned to my conversation with the girls. Do not know if this counted as flirting with the waiter, but it was something interesting, and interesting things don't come often to me.
***
I realised I've eaten quite an amount of prawns today, more than what I've ever consumed in months. Little ominous bumps are appearing on my arms and legs, and I am justifiably freaking out. Oh, why do I always have to make life difficult for myself? I know I have intolerance for seafood, and I just have to go out and eat a whole lot of them, and then suffer for it. Gods, I am a warped human being. I seem to like to suffer.And to distract myself from the bumps that are (ARGH!) making their existence known on my long-suffering body, I shall squee about that adorable rabbit we saw at Suntec City. Karen don't know why, but she never realised there was a pet shop there. I was never very crazy about pet shops, and certainly not very crazy about rabbits (not since primary school when I learnt that they eat their own excrement), but that coffee-brown Holland Lop on display is simply the most adorable thing I've ever seen. Big round eyes, droopy eyes, and so fluffy! Sisterhood suggested it as a present for my birthday, but I'm not entirely sure how much rabbits cost, so I said I didn't want it. Besides, I am not sure if I am capable of taking care of rabbits (never had a pet before, so am actually quite deprived), and the idea of it dying on me is horrifying. And in any case, that rabbit is sold. I guess that kinda settles it.
***
We walked around Suntec City, tried bags (nice!) and cowboy hats (which looked good on me), and went to Charles and Keith to check out the strawbags I raved about. We waited for Ting to come join us and went to NYDC (which is my least favourite restaurant, by the way) where she and Euphie ordered desserts and we sat around to chat again. Eating and talking seem to be our favourite past-time, so there's talk that we should set up a Food Blog, and blog about the restaurants we tried out. Which in my opinion would be helluva fun.
In the midst of our conversation popped the recollections of the drama that went on back when we were in school. I personally was (and still am) drama-free, and have a knack for picking friends who are equally drama-free because they are rational, perfectly reasonable people who have good sense of public decency, so I never actually have to handle any drama-mamas outside of my scope of volunteer work. I told them that I don't like drama in any forms and incarnations and would probably walk away when I suspect one brewing, but they reminded me of the post I wrote (god damn it!) about not jumping off buildings before calling Karen, and called for me to honour my duty. Then they nitpicked at the fact that it is almost impossible to get me on my mobile (completely untrue and libelous!), and that by the time I realised anyone has called me, the person would have already had their funeral done and their tombstones erected.
I disagree. Of course, I disagree. I insisted that even if I fail to pick up the call, calling Karen before jumping off buildings is still going to work and save lives. Imagine the situation. You are so depressed you want to throw yourself out of the window, but you remember Karen say cannot jump before calling her! So you call and call and call and call and call, but Karen just doesn't pick up the call! All this while, you are increasingly agitated and fuming and puffing because people not picking up calls is just that bloody annoying, by the 389230th ring, you fling the phone against the wall, and get so angry that you forget you were going to jump. And then you will decide that you are so angry with Karen, you are going to get off that ledge, forget that you were depressed (because now you are so so so angry!), and swear to get even with Karen the next time you see her. Plans like killing self suddenly seems less important, and will then take a backseat because now killing Karen is more important. So postpone suicide until Karen is killed.
See, flawless plan, I tell you! Only I can come up with such a cunning plan. This is what people call reverse psychology. Understand?
In the midst of our conversation popped the recollections of the drama that went on back when we were in school. I personally was (and still am) drama-free, and have a knack for picking friends who are equally drama-free because they are rational, perfectly reasonable people who have good sense of public decency, so I never actually have to handle any drama-mamas outside of my scope of volunteer work. I told them that I don't like drama in any forms and incarnations and would probably walk away when I suspect one brewing, but they reminded me of the post I wrote (god damn it!) about not jumping off buildings before calling Karen, and called for me to honour my duty. Then they nitpicked at the fact that it is almost impossible to get me on my mobile (completely untrue and libelous!), and that by the time I realised anyone has called me, the person would have already had their funeral done and their tombstones erected.
I disagree. Of course, I disagree. I insisted that even if I fail to pick up the call, calling Karen before jumping off buildings is still going to work and save lives. Imagine the situation. You are so depressed you want to throw yourself out of the window, but you remember Karen say cannot jump before calling her! So you call and call and call and call and call, but Karen just doesn't pick up the call! All this while, you are increasingly agitated and fuming and puffing because people not picking up calls is just that bloody annoying, by the 389230th ring, you fling the phone against the wall, and get so angry that you forget you were going to jump. And then you will decide that you are so angry with Karen, you are going to get off that ledge, forget that you were depressed (because now you are so so so angry!), and swear to get even with Karen the next time you see her. Plans like killing self suddenly seems less important, and will then take a backseat because now killing Karen is more important. So postpone suicide until Karen is killed.
See, flawless plan, I tell you! Only I can come up with such a cunning plan. This is what people call reverse psychology. Understand?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home