中毒太深
Spent the entire afternoon in the kitchen deep-frying prawn crackers with my mother and little brother, and is, as a result, rather smelly. Prawn crackers good though, and am contemplating possible career in selling self-fried prawn crackers to little school children should future career ever hit a standstill when the next financial crisis strikes. Never let it be said that Karen has no back-up plans. If anything, I often have too many back-up plans I don't even remember them all.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but I've been blogging at an alarming rate since starting this new blog, and is going through a phase of verbal diarrhoea. It's Sunday and I am at home with nothing better to do than read and write, so I suppose the intensive blogging is only to be expected except for the fact that I really should be writing something substantial for the e-zine I'm working with. But things aren't looking pretty on that side of the hill. I've started about five different articles yakking about various issues and couldn't see the end of them. Not focused enough, I guess. And I've been planning on a personal project which I never seem to set my heart to start, and school is starting soon, god damn it.
I wonder if intensive blogging counts as building up of portfolio for future career in journalism. Shows that I can yak a mile anytime of the day, right? But then the local media has never taken to blogging very much, so I doubt it.
Anyhow, after finishing the last entry, I was suddenly reminded of something William Shakespeare once wrote, which could well prove that he was the most optimistic person ever. What's ironic is that he wrote it in the tragedy King Lear where everyone dies in the end. In simple terms, Shakespeare basically said that the good thing about being at the lowest point of your life is, you simply cannot go any lower. How thrilling is that? He described it as a wheel of fortune. You turn the wheel of life, your point in life reach the bottom, it eventually has to go up again because life goes in circles. I'll leave you to ponder about the philosophy of it all.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home