The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Friday, July 29, 2005

It's not raining man

Negri Sembilan still no rain. No rain, no water. Port Dickson 24-hour water ration. Jialat.

I remembered two years ago, when I was visiting my grandmama, there was also severe water shortage. Quite an irony considering that Port Dickson is well-know for its seaside resorts. And it's truly an experience. It's not everyday you witness people riding motorcycles while holding two buckets full of water home. My grandmama stays on a hilltop, which makes it even harder for the little that's left to be pumped up. I don't know how they are holding up now, but I sure as hell nearly went siao without water that fateful 2003. You won't understand how it felt like unless you've gone through it yourself. Life without water is pure hell. Especially when you are a pampered urbanite, and your grandmama loves her chickens more than you. T_T

I remembered chasing after that glorious water truck -- it was like the answer from Buddha, Allah, and Jesus all rolled in one -- that came to ration water every morning. In some perverse way, it was fun. Running with little children and old grannies, buckets in hand, trying to cheat more water from the ration workers. The novelty of it thrilled the sua ku Singaporean in me, but by the third day it ain't so fun anymore. I wanted to kill all the chickens that were getting all my precious water, but then my grandmother would probably kill me.

I supposed it's fortunate that there are no chickens now. My grandma is getting a little too old for that. I hope the situation gets better soon because I can't imagine how anyone can stand it to get water only once every 24 hours.

It's very frustrating, especially when I can do no thing about it.

Now on a separate note, I just saw Cecilia Cheung in that shampoo advertisement. Was momentarily stunned by her resemblance to Nicole Kidman. It's the nose, me think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home