The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Thursday, September 28, 2006

My eye is recovering well. Think will be back at work tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I don't know if I've been radiating off the vibes that I am having a career crisis erm, reconsideration or whatever, but this afternoon while I was at the temple praying for a sign, my mobile went beeping off and there it was, 14 smses from my colleagues working at Pasir Ris. They must have gotten themselves together and smsed me at the same time so that I get a continuous string of smses like "Miss you!", "Get well soon, can't wait to have you back!", "Come back to me chiobu!" etc, you know the drift, those lovely messages ... SO MUCH LOVE. I'm telling you, the only thing that may stop me from ever leaving this job is the PEOPLE. I'm cursed and doomed and omg, I am so loved! Damn them!

In any case, the qian is a shang shang qian! Unbelievably shang man! I knew it the moment I glimpse a line that roughly translates to mean ' ... a ship of gold ...' A SHIP OF GOLD, mind you! By the way, nowadays the qians at temples are very tourist-friendly, got English translation, though I personally prefer to decipher the Chinese chimology which is the beauty of it. Basically, my qian says that I would struck sudden luck as long as I pursue the road ahead with no hesitation and that before I knew it, it would bring me fame and wealth. It, however, only come to pass with the help of a man who is going to aid me tremendously in my future. Wonder if that man would turn out to be tall, handsome and single as well? Hahaha, in any case, the qian made my day, whether it come to pass or not. My only problem with it is that, my question in mind was if I should continue in this career or seek greener pastures. The go-ahead of this qian confuses me as I have no idea if it's telling me to go ahead with my present career, or go ahead with the job switch. Terribly disorganised was my praying mission. Next time must phrase question properly in mind and note it down. That confusion aside, I came out of the temple, saw an old lady selling Toto and Big Sweep and promptly bought some.

What?! Who knows, this might be my sudden windfall, right?!

So yah, I'm going back to work tomorrow, but not without trepidation. There are still a lot of things on my mind. These few days have been well-spent thinking through my values, my dreams, and what I want my life to be. I am one conflicted woman is what I can tell you. I want my cake and eat it too. My conflicted thoughts, coupled with a phone chat with a colleague who gave me some news and insights, added to my dilemma. He said he can't tell me what to do 'cept he just want me to be happy. The thing is, I don't even know what's gonna make me happy, and I won't know what's gonna make me happy unless I've tried them all (a bit like shopping, huh?).

Happiness, rich in itself, simple in form, but always elusive to the ones seeking for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home