The long-awaited update, right? Hahahaha. Then let's just get the bad news out of the way.
Yeah right, I didn't managed to clinch the Bangkok trip thingy. Short of 4 cases. Well, the only way I can console myself is that I only have one and a half month to run for this award while others have 5-6 months. Granted, others in my situation did managed to clinch it, but hey, I did my best and I have my problems to deal with, so that's that.
Other than that, I'm really getting into the work thingy. Not working feels weird. Guess it goes to show that working with the right people makes everything seems all right. Making new friends, laughing together, getting pissed together, holding on to one another, I'm just glad that I'm blessed to know some of the coolest people around.
Although that's not to say work is all well and good. I have problems with my boss which I'm still trying to straighten out. It is complicated and it is affecting my ability to perform sometimes. Have to straighten it out asap as my boss seems quite clueless about my unhappiness. Like just now, I was sms-ing her about my plan to join another group to work this Saturday, she had to reply to say that she has other plans for me to join another group. I don't know about the rest of you, but I hate it when I've made plans and people come in and think that they can slot me around like an organiser card. So I replied to say that I've been working at that particularly area too frequently and I'd like a switch of environment. And the reply was to stick with it as she will be there blarblarblar. Went back and fro a few times before I lost it and replied (in a manner which I hope didn't come through too strongly) that I don't like being watched and controlled and if I'm forced to do anything that I don't like, it'll only backfire on both of us. At which point of course my boss gave way and told me that if I want to go join the other group, then just go bah. I expect a 'heart-to-heart' talk will be coming up soon, and god knows how it'll turn out. Hell with it.
Which leads us to a quite irrelevant yet relevant observation I've made about myself today. I was complaining to my mother about this issue when I made an analogy of my boss's relationship with me to that of a possessive boyfriend who is trying to control me. Which leads me to wonder how ready I am to share my life with someone else. Maybe I really should just be the single freedom-loving moi.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home