Went back for my academic dress today and Eup kindly came along and thank gawd (thank you, girl!). It is kinda impossible to get the hood on by myself as obviously have no experience with robes with far too much cloth. The academic dress, by the way, is downright ugly. That shade of blue should be illegal. I thought it would be black, Hogwarts-style or something, 'cept it's BLUE and it is .. just .. ugly. I can't believe I am going to have to wear that for a few hours.
There were enterprising sales people around plugging studio photo services, stage photo services, keepsakes with the school logo all over, all those things graduates are supposed to get and own and nail on the walls of their toilets, which I quickly dodged, which prompted Eup to say that Karen isn't very enthusiastic about her graduation. Don't be silly. Of course I am excited about the graduation. I'm just not taking the convocation part very well. First it has already cost me near fifty bucks for the sorry excuse for a robe. Then let's not mention it's Saturday today and I had to go all the way back to school to collect them 'cos I couldn't on the scheduled date because I have work-stuff to attend to and then my convocation is on a weekday bloody early morning and it's going to be agonisingly boring in exchange for less than five seconds of fame, and did I mention there's the national anthem? And the speeches? And the flashing lights? Gawd I hate taking pictures. And I hate crowd. And I hate hate hate the academic dress. If not for my parents, who understandably want to be in a event that proved their daughter's, well, I don't know what that proves, but it is something, and I'm supposed to be there even though I really didn't intend to. That near fifty bucks could have gone into buying myself a new set of work clothes, which is what I really need. I wish I'm not such a complainant because it makes me a freak since the normal thing for normal people is to be very, very excited about the convocation, but here's a woman who doesn't want to have wedding studio photos taken 'cos they are tacky stuff (assuming, in a very optimistic manner, that there's going to be marriage), doesn't want wedding dinner, and think that it is perfectly fine to ROM and move in (actually, come to think of it, no ROM and move in is all right too). So hell yeah, I am a little of a freak case, but give me credit for not wanting to make a fuss over anything, ever. I am such a simple person, I just want my degree so that I can stick it in the folder and slash it in the drawer. But no, this is a rite of passage. Everyone goes through it, so I have to too. I am everyone else when I really just want to be my unique little self.
In any case, since I am going to have to be there suffering, might as well bring in more people to suffer with me. My convocation is on 10 July, Monday, 10am (4D inspiration, 1010!). You can probably come an hour later with your presents for me. For the presents, I may even pose for a picture with you, and you know how wicked that is, since I dislike doing pictures. Do you know I don't own a single picture of my prom? Mwah, I was snapped with so many people with their camera and I don't own a single of those pictures because I just don't bother to. It's still a bit strange walking into people's room and seeing my prom picture on their wall/photoframe/table when I supposed they should be on mine. Oh, well.
Now, the end of the convocation stuff, I have bad news for girls who like pretty eyelashes. The incredible Springheart mascara that dolled my pretty pretty long lashes and makes me look like a doll, they are GONE. No more, nada, nowhere to be found. End of my world.

1 Comments:
did u get the fasio one u wanted?! and hor...i dun care u like it or not...but the 4 of us ARE gg to get those grad studio photos done K!!!!!!! boo. [p/s: we'll drag u outta ur house/office/whateva if we have to. make full use of ur grad gown!!!!]
Post a Comment
<< Home