The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Sunday, April 16, 2006

As some of you already know, I am in high risk of getting a big zero for my second computational finance test. Greeeeeeeeaat, you know? 'Cos I just can't get enough of NUS, I am going to make myself retain to finish one stupid breadth module.

Pray hard for me, my dears. 'Cos I really dunwan to stay in NUS.

Moving on.

Saturday I caught Singapore Gaga with Ghim at the Arts House. Nice place, my first time there. The film started off quite uninterestingly, but by the last sequence I was chuckling my lungs out. You've got to see it to know what I mean, as am not going to spoil it for you. Their screening room is beri nice by the way, so nice it reminded me of a spa/facial room with the aromatherapy kinda scent and low blue lighting like a club.

Good Friday I was actually back in school. No, not because I stupidly forgot that it was Good Friday, but 'cos I wanna check out more books for my last term paper and to rewatch Blue Velvet (strangely perverse film, strangely alluring). Sekali their media room that day not open! And the canteen not open! So by lunch time I packed and left, after realising that NUS library really ain't anymore useful than my good old (okay, not that old) Woodlands library. In any case, it is interesting to be in school when there is almost no one around. So quiet, so peaceful. All mine, muahahhaaa.

Ahem. Okay. Let's not all crack under stress, okay? Stress what stress? Bite your tongue and pull your hair, it will be over before you know it.

***

Lately, whenever I see Kianyong, we will get ourselves tangled up in election talk. All very interesting, you see, considering that I have (ahem, the 'power') to vote. But like I was telling him, as much as I would like to support check-and-balances in governance, I cannot support the cause when I don't even know who the opposition in my GRC is. It's ridiculous, I tell you. Not a sign of them. Don't even know which opposition party is going to contest here. How to support?

And incidentally, that Good Friday morning hor, Dr. Khaw Boon Wan had a mini rally at Admiralty MRT station. I knew he was going to be there at about nine, but I really didn't expect to see the bloody CROWD there at what, eight in the morning? All siao issit? Public holiday morning don't sleep so early wake up hold balloons at MRT station? I mean, yah, sure you want to meet the MP, but it's crazy lar. Eight o'clock jammed up the whole MRT station and the coffee shop. In any case, by the looks of it, PAP has a stronghold here. The neighbourhood was surprisingly enthu about the whole election thingy, judging by the huge crowd gathered to meet Dr. Khaw.

Opposition parties ... thou art a big disappointment. Liddat, I don't vote PAP also cannot le.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home