I've been a little kuku lately. For those who didn't see me last week, I went nuts Wednesday morning and chopped off some of my fringe in the morning before heading to school. It's been five years since I spot the short bangs, and I really can't explain it except I was driven by extreme kuku-ness. You peeps know I have this whole cutting hair thing whenever I'm upset or stressed, but I'm determined to keep my hair long for now or my wavy hair plan will never materialise. So I guess I was just settling for the second best solution to pent up madness, energy that has to be channelled somewhere. And I was pretty pleased with the job in the morning, probably 'cos the kuku-ness has yet to wear off and I wasn't quite awake. When I finally got to school, I went to the loo, saw myself in the mirror and hated it. Then I met Jane, who loved it, and so I decided that I loved it too. Then the day went along when friends went "WHOA!" when they saw me; some like it, some weirded out by it, and there are people like Ghim who has the cheek to tell me that there's no difference.
Hmph.
The week proceeded as I yoyo-ed between liking and hating the bangs until Friday Andrew came into lecture and almost immediately took to my new look, and that's when I finally decided that bangs is good. In any case, I might as well believe that it's good since there's no way to bring them back.
Thursday I went for the nuStudio short film screening, which started off uninteresting (though the shots were pretty), but got my full attention when it came to the third and final film. I loved it so much. It's quirky pretty and entertaining and it actually has something substantial to say. I do wish that the directors were more forthcoming during the post-screening talk as it's really quite irritating that everything was short, vague answers. Decided to be nice and not comment on that when I talked to Izmir after the screening, but couldn't hold it any longer when we talked about it again Friday. So imagine my surprise to hear that he was annoyed by the unforthcomingness as well. Made me feel better really, as am not the only demanding bitch. :P
Friday we watched Fifteen for Singapore film. Won't say I'm a Roystan Tan fan as am first and forthmost still a Woody Allen fan. But as what he did was quite similar to what Woody did in Annie Hall, I took to the film quite well. I love all things quirky entertaining, really. And it is so extremely stylised, I don't know how anyone can hate it. There's no dull moment in the film at all, and my only peeve lies in how it's overstretched into a feature film that it felt draggy. Otherwise, it's really cool. I would think that he deserves all that hype, but that's just what *I* think. There are people who dislike the film, as is clear by dinner time when the dudes started to take the film apart and Andrew went EW-EW-EW more than a hundred times (figuratively, of course). But hey, I know I am special and I always stand alone. I like Mee Pok Man and I like Fifteen and I intensely dislike Be With Me. Sue me. *stick tongue out*
This is starting to sound like I like weird, morbid, perverted stuff, what have you, but that's not it lar. The truly morbid person is not moi, ok. I went to the last Canon DV screening after dinner, and Izmir was looking through the pamplet when he pointed out this '4444' film and told me 'this one is good ... blarblar". When the film came on, I was like O_O at the part when the car suddenly came crashing into the guy in the film. I mean, it's not like I didn't see it coming, but to see it, it's like O_O!!!! And then they rewind and play, rewind and play somemore. I is completely flabbergasted and traumatised. I extremely no like that film, and then he insisted that it's interesting, and I think that means he like, right? As I've already said, I is flabbergasted, and I still got it stuck in my head. And I is clearly not the morbid one.
Overall, the Canon DV one fell short of expectation lar. Not particularly interesting. Preferred the nuStudio one.
Then Saturday night, I already said, I is at Zouk for the Concave Scream gig. The Sean has cute Beatle hairstyle and has that kind of nice-guy-cuteness you want to go forward and squeeze his cheeks or something. The gig was really good. I wasn't impressed when Xianyu sent me their songs (I is never hear of them before this), but I must say they sound a great deal better live. The guitars is like WHOA, I went a little gaga and wished they didn't end so early.
Sunday (today lar) finally got to sleep properly. Afternoon rain, even more shiok, slept through the day. Earlier in the week I is uber stressed over Shakespeare essay and presentation. I is sway enough to kena both on same day. And as it is Dr. Yong, I is particularly fearful. But come Friday morning I really wasn't in the mood to get panicky as has not slept for 48 hours and is a little bit more kuku than usual. I is prepared to go to hell with it. And I really did think that hell is imminent when Dr. Yong frowned and questioned me on what I meant by what I said. I went into flight mood, I tell you, and babbled babbled blarblarblar the way through, dying for it to end. But turned out, she said quite good woh, and the way she spoke to me at the end of it, she is so teh sweet I got no heart to hate her. And for the record, I do like her beri muchie, as I think she is possibly the next most inspiring prof after Dr. Pan. But still, would rather not have to go through with it. In any case, thank GOD it's over.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home