It's been some time, ain't it? Well, you'll not be surprised to know that I haven't been doing much work, having skipped classes like nobody's business. The only classes I've been going are computational finance and singapore films, only because misery loves company and those are the modules with people I want to meet up with.
Having said that, I did spent some time working on that short film project due for singapore film module. Don't know what I've done in my previous life to entitle myself such good karma, but hitherto I've met only terrific people for my two projects in NUS (one for marketing last semester). Film project has been going fantabulously, our complaints about being stuck in a stuffy lift for 6 hours straight on Friday notwithstanding, but it's really helluva fun. Getting the cast was a nightmare, but we all have ourselves to thank for having fantastic friends who didn't mind coming down to NUS at not-so-convenient hours from not so-convenient locations and waiting around until it was their turn to act. Moonie rushed back to school from her seminar at City Hall and I felt really bad that she had to stay till around 10 since she lives on the other side of the island. It was also great that TS people squeezed time out of their precious rehearsal schedule to help us out with the project. Saipong was especially great too as he was all onz and even smsed me later in the night to thank me as he had a great time. Gawd, it should be the other way round, ain't it?
I should also probably mention here the oh-so-fuzzy and totally unexpected reunion of two long-lost primary school friends on our set. It was a bit like the segment on Super Sunday where celebrities try to re-establish contact with long-lost friends/teachers/firstlove/etc, especially since our set deals with the lift. But you all should be there to see the two guys. Aw my gawd, they were so omg when they saw each other. Fong (yes, yes, that VJ Fong, our suffering but so dedicated main lead) overheard my phone conversation with Saipong and asked me, with a rather queer expression, if Saipong is a Hongkie. I was like, 'eh yeah why?', and Fong got all hyper and a little mad because he suspects we are talking about his long-lost primary school friend. He was really quite nervous while we were all waiting for Saipong to come down at around 7 plus. I asked Saipong when I went to fetch him if he knows anyone by the name of Fong and he was still all blur, but when he walked into AS4 and they saw each other, wah liew, it was so dramatic in the run-hug-dance-in-circles sort of way. *blow nose* :)
We probably should have captured the moment down on camera. Don't know why we didn't since it makes terrific footage for the behind-the-scene video we are all so keen to make for keepsakes, but we have other just as terrific NG footages that I'm just dying to watch again. I can only pray that they did take down the Ah Beng scene Andrew was telling me about because it sounded comical enough when he told me about Trey's never-ending-Hokkein-outburst.
Then of course we had all the moments of WTF when, in our rare moment (YES, IT IS RARE) of blurness, we realised on Saturday morning that we'd stupidly missed some vital transition shots on Friday night even though it was in the storyboard. The only explanation is that we were all so high on lack of oxygen in the not-moving lift we weren't exactly in the right state of mind. Then there's also the oh-gawd-forgot-to-cast-this-scene?! moment when we scouted the entire arts canteen after school hours looking for a guy who can speak Hokkein. Our good luck we found a willing good soul to help, who despite not knowing Hokkein, is now fluent in at least the few lines we crash-taught in a matter of minutes. I am so proud of him as he is a Victorian. Niu Sine Labore!
Then Saturday we worried ourselves sick about the opening scene that requires many many pairs of feet only to have the good luck of meeting someone coming into the lift who told us that he was going for a project meeting on the 6th floor of AS4! SEE, PRESSING LIFT BUTTONS FOR PEOPLE FOR 3 DAYS BUILT GOOD KARMA. So Andrew went up to the 6th floor and got the group down to help us. They were so nice and onz, I was so touched. But I bet they had fun too.
So now that the filming is finally over with minimal drama and trauma, we are going to start editing soon. I am paranoid that some unexpected shit is going to jump at us when we look at the footage that I haven't been able to sleep well at all, but let's hope that it's just me being a little mad.

3 Comments:
wahh!!! ey...btw, saipong now known as ADRIAN o=)
seriously? haha, tat's a very nice name!
hahaha...i'm not gg to call him by tt name tho~ he says he had to get the name coz' he doesnt want ppl in the uni to call him "pong pong"~ hee=) still remember francis lee and his blunder. poor saipong...
Post a Comment
<< Home