Hey yo peeps! First, to answer cacoboy's question, I balik kampung for the past week and just returned last night.
Yeah peeps, I am back! *dances*
It's a very hectic trip this time 'cos we're only visiting for a week. Went to Malacca walk walk, shopped at Seremban, shopped at the famed Petaling Street (omg, the shopping!), Central Market (omg, shopping again!), all the shopping centres in KL, drove up to Genting, and worship at tian hou gong. Very big temple and very nice. All in all, a very enjoyable trip, of course. I love seeing my maternal side of the family and am closer to them despite the distance.
What's more, there's 2 babies to play with! My aunt's teh-susu is a little annoying (teh-susu 'cos her dad is Eurasian-Indian). She very deh, kept whining and crying to get people to carry her around, but heng she ain't very taken to me, so I no need to carry her. My uncle's baby, on the other hand, is uber cute! She keeps smiling and giggling and lets everyone carries her. The funny thing is, although teh-susu is 2 months older and is, by all appearance, the fiercer and noiser one, teh-susu is very afraid of the other little one! It's so funny to watch how teh-susu power-crawl crying to her daddy when she sees nannan. Nannan is so much smaller and all smiley, but my aunt said it's the 'muahahhahaa' type of smiley face--that's why teh-susu crawled like hell. Nannan is really so cute lar, so 热情 want to hug teh-susu every time she sees her, but teh-susu always cry one. But then again, accordingly, Nannan once bit teh-susu's backside lar, so maybe that's why.
There's also another new member in the family, a small mixed-breed terrier Didi. Didi is cute and fun, but more than a little ki-siao at times. Ha.
Some other bizarre things happened, like a squirrel falling out from the tree right in front of our car while we were on the highway. Lucky my uncle superb driving skill, so we all still in one piece. Then when we were home, a mouse fell from the ceiling onto MOI, and I don't have to tell you what happened next.
I also met an interesting friend of my aunt's, who's quite into the mystical stuff like tarot cards reading, reiki, numerology etc., and he gave me a reading based on my birth date. According to numerology, the numbers in your birth date can unlock information on the aspects of your personality, the challenges you are borned to face in this life and to a certain degree, your destiny. I'm not a particularly spiritual person; people who know me well know this, and it was part of the reading for my birth number. This guy had just met me that day for no more than half an hour and he can tell just from my birth date that I am an extremely rational and private person, analytical, like to work alone, curious, loves to read to find answers, strongly independent, has problem understanding and expressing emotions, and is thus emotionally unavailable (eek, how did he know!?). And according to him, my birth numbers say that I am here in this life to overcome the problem of faith and trust, that I have to learn that there are things I can't learn from books, that only experiences can teach me. So the advice was for me to be less guarded, more open to relationships, be less afraid of my emotions and to start developing the spiritual side of me (not necessarily religion), which is very lacking at the moment.
To tell you the truth, I wasn't very interested at the beginning of the reading until he mentioned the part about me being afraid of and annoyed by my own emotions because I can't understand it (too intellectual and rational, he said). He said I think too much and often is afraid to heed my own intuition when it comes to matters of the heart. I thought that was spot-on and quite impossible for him to know. He also said that I have a paranoia about betrayal (a classic sign of a 16/7 apparently, my destiny number), which is why I don't trust people, and my emotions most of all, which makes me a potential commitment-phobic.
It made me quite sad, really, because while I sort of knew it all along, no one has ever really put it right in my face. Not that I'm not glad that I've met this guy. I'm quite glad I did actually. This 'casual chat' with him was like a therapy session and we chatted like old friends and he gave me some books to read, which he said will help me with my problems. I like that they ain't religious books, but more like what he termed exploration into the meaning of life. So here onwards Karen shall embark on a journey of spiritual enlightenment and hopefully it will make me a more wholesome person. I shall, from today onwards, be more trusting of myself, my intuitions, new people, embrace life, and seek answers from within instead of without.
In other words, becoming Wordsworth. Incidentally taking Romanticism next semester.
He also gave me a pack of tarot cards (yayness!) and said he suspected I might be good at it. Have to practise, though.
And that's about all there is to the trip. I forgot to bring back my Petaling shopping, which makes me sad, but my uncle promised to bring it for me the next time he's here on a business trip. For the rest of this holidays, have to rest well and prep for next semester. Can't wait to graduate.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home