The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Bidding Situation Update

Am suddenly 1200 points poorer in General Account speak. Marketing module cost me 450, which I suppose is all right, as is usually popular business module and choice for many as breadth module. But Complementary Medicine cost a freaking 750. Completely ridiculous for (1) a Science course, and (2) a Science course at 8AM not once but twice a week. Are NUS students mostly mad or just plain masochistic? I know it sounds pretty rich coming from me who afterall fought tooth and nail for this module, but I did it with no choice, given the lack of major modules to take this semester. If I had a choice, I would rather not have to go to Science at all, let alone twice a week, and at 8AM no less.

This is a strange strange world. And NUS bidding situation remains one of the most mysterious and unexplainable phenomenon of Mother Earth, right up there with sighting of Loch Ness, alien abduction, haggis, and existence of George W. Bush Jr.

Still has one more module to wait out. Media Writing really count chicken too early, drop in drain. Forgot to remind self that though has powerful 1200+ points in Programme Account, no use if module not even open for bidding. Has wondered if should bid for other things, but I conference with Dayne, who is a brave, brave woman, and is going to hold on till the end. I decided that if she can do it, I can do it too, not only because I like to be gung-ho, but also because misery loves company, and so I shalt accompany Dayne in the nail-biting battle of the CORS (though wish could bite other people responsible for my misery, instead of nail) in manner of protagonists in Waiting For Godot. Only I wish we would have a happier ending. Pray for us! Pray!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is the 1st time i haven got my 5th module by round 2B. sigh. a bit kan cheong n worried now but i've done a calculation n i'll hav 196 places to bid for in round 3a since these quotas were not satisfied in the earlier rounds.. pray for me too... -jingyu

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home