The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The working life is very, very exhausting.

2 full days of street prospecting. I've got stronger legs now. I can run in high heels.

And it is quite fun, despite the tiredness. Perhaps it's my natural interest in people, their behavior, and human relationships. I enjoy observing people on the streets while I work. Couples are particularly interesting.

Sometimes you meet really nice or really interesting people. Even though they do not turn out to be my potential clients, they added a nice touch to my day either by being nice or funny or informative. Like the ITE student who told me that his part-time job is teaching rich young children to build sandcastle on weekends at ECP. It's not even really building sandcastles. Just playing with sand with these kids 'cos their parents didn't have the time to do that with their kids, and it's pretty good money.

Then there are the occasional cute guys on the streets. And men who flirt. And guys who lead you under a shade 'cos they think the sun is going to cause harm to your 'fair' skin. And yesterday GR was just telling me that I've become more tanned. I was a bit agitated about that comment, but I let it slide on account that he shared his bread with me in the office.

Relationship with colleagues are going pretty well now. Some of them are really funny people and always make me laugh. Some of them are especially kind, they ask after you often. They make sure that you are feeling all right. First day on the job I've got asked many times if I'm okay, or tired. And when I'm prospecting men, they look out for me. Some lent a helping hand. Encouraging words. Sent a smile your way. Most of them do anyway.

So far so good. Better if I can close a few cases.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home