The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Heyah! Back from Malacca! No presents though, as did not step out of Afamosa at all. It's a nice place with good food, and I think we ate at least 5 times a day, which was quite frightening, but I wager we needed all that energy as we ran around helluva lot playing games. First day was in the water theme park where we play in water and I never knew running in water for an extended period of time can be so tiring you think your legs have disattached itself from your body. Most fun was the captain ball game in the wave pool sitting on the float and being push about in the water. It's so difficult to play! But the feeling of being carried about by the waves (though making the game difficult) is such a nice feeling it makes me want to jump in the sea just to experience it again. Most exciting would be the high high HIGH slides. I took up the challenge and slide down the highest one in the theme park, which is like as tall as a HDB flat. Funny thing is, after playing everything, I didn't think that was the scariest. The scariest would be the winding tunnel slides 'cos you couldn't see anything at all and it felt like you were going to overturn anytime and end up on your head. But so fun!

The rest of the trip was covered with general meetings about changes in company structures, sales targets and stuff liddat lar, mixed with mass karaoke, which with 200 over people, is more like community singing, but it's really fun and a good way to bond with people. I met my sales team for the first time and boy are they a bunch of crazy people. Spent a bit of time with my unit people as well (unit people are those under the same manager, sales team is a mixture of people from every unit). And I may have mentioned it to some of you, one of my unit mates is a RV senior! And my manager's current secretary is my long lost primary school friend! Talk about fate!

***
Last night I received a surprise call from long missing in action Zhiyun who upon my picking up the phone announced that she is getting married. I was like HUH WTF MY FIRST PINK BOMB. But then found out it's all a hoax. Blooody hell, I was so looking forward to go to the dinner! :P
Turned out I have another class gathering tonight, which sounds pretty exciting as is the largest scale yet. Can't wait to see all of them. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home