If, like me, you are a spiffy nerd who gets excited about new things (especially if related to making money), I bring you the Singapore Virtual Stockmarket Game. Am pleased to announce that I may be stock market whizz in the making as have turned SGD5000 losses (how it had depressed me!) into SGD340 profits (after taxes and commissions) which is a net change improvement from - 0.9% to + 0.36% in 3 days. Raised me up the rankings from a pathetic 91st to 51st! :D
Although I have to say, there's room for improvement for the site. One major petpeeve is the site layout, which isn't very attractive, and I think their portfolio layout could be better to include also stock current prices alongside bought prices, and also percentage changes per stock (instead of just per portfolio). For the time being, it's just very annoying that I have to calculate the percentage profits/losses for every stocks I follow. But it's nonetheless good learning experience without really having to lose real money, so for those who, like me, are interested in how the stock market works, it's a good place to try to find out for yourself. Besides, there are other veterans around (the site features a blogging tool), so you can actually exchange pointers with others and really learn something.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home