The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Saturday, September 03, 2005

September is a romantic month

Monthly Love for September, 2005
Provided by Astrology.com

The leaves on the trees slowly beginning to show signs of turning from summertime green to autumn red, yellow and orange could very well herald one of the most romantic months you've had in -- well, quite a while! It's true, there's something just irrepressibly romantic in those autumn colors and smells. At the beginning of the month, you are oh-so-likely to meet somebody who's going to want to hold your hand as the leaves change (and maybe longer than that!). On the 5th your friends can confirm it: You two are a good combination. The 6th, ask them out. Plain and simple! As the 11th rolls around, get ready for even more sparks to fly -- be very careful if you're hiking in a dry, woodsy area when they do! The 17th, try to keep in mind that everything isn't always as simple -- or as complicated -- as it seems and the 23rd, talk to your friends about it. At the end of the month you will hardly believe all the beauty nature has to offer!

***

I think this is the prettiest piece of horoscope writing I've ever read. So poetic, no? And the uncanny thing is, I was (and is likely to continue to be) feeling romantic this month. I suspect it's all the talk from my university friends about wanting to get a boyfriend. Honestly, nowadays, everywhere I turn, someone will whine to me about how hard it is to get one. Trust me, I already know that. And yesterday, in the toilet at YIH, a woman who walked in with her friend was theatrically (hand over heart manner) lamenting "问世间情为何物, 只叫人 kao buay kao bu!" It was so funny, I tell you. I haven't heard anyone say that for ages! And it really made my day. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home