The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Thursday I had my first 19th Century Lit. class in the prof's office and *whistles*, such a nice office, with ceiling to floor glass window overlooking greenery and possibly monkeys. Fresh air too, as CDTL is far away from anything and is situated at the highest possible point in campus. She has a spacious office to fit in all 9 of us in nice, comfortable, squashy chairs. Very luxurious by comparison to usual class arrangement hor? And she is so nice too. I like her elegance, and the way she encourages interactions and listens attentively. Already feel that it would be a great semester as far as the pursuit of my major is concerned.

At the end of the day, I met up with the Volan girls for dinner and 'cos I was sick of Arts food, I suggested going to the Engine McDonalds as was genuinely curious where it was. Yar, I sua ku, okay? I didn't know that it is actually just opposite the central forum! So the eating places in NUS are actually all quite packed in the same area -- the deck, biz canteen (needs a bit of walking, but accessible), Gecko, and engine canteen and McDonalds! And hor, why the engine canteen so nice and bright one huh? So spacious too, makes me want to stab those engineer-to-bes who kept coming to Arts to chop our turf. In any case, I think I should try engine food someday and see if it's really as awful as people have said. And no, this has nothing to do with getting a engineer boyfriend. That one I also joking only, k? Although, if got, I also don't mind lar. I don't discriminate people by faculties one.

***

Friday I nearly didn't make it to the airport in time. I got there at about 12.10pm, or perhaps even later than that, but luckily Rui hadn't left yet! We got to take photos with her, and the poor girl weeped! Aiyo. Make me heart pain pain also. But I guess won't be as heart pain pain as her boyfriend lar. Ah dui, that two really sibei the sweet give me cavities, and induced the rare moment when I feel like getting hitched to just anyone. Lucky temporary insanity is just that hor -- temporary.

Later we lunched at Popeye, where food me no like. Then we went to Suntec to help Euphie shop for the things she needed to take back to Switzerland before heading to Kbox. I kept changing the lyrics as and when I like (as am frankly quite bad at recognising traditional Chinese characters) and caused much laughter. I think I am going to swear off ktv from now on.

After KTV session, we quickly hunted down restaurants which still take last order at 9.30pm, and found ourselves bolting into Olio. And oh my god, the food! Let's just say if I got money, I everyday also eat at Olio. And the service was commendable. Waitress smiley-faced, and the waiter very attentive, so I guess the money's worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home