It's incredible how things have changed over time. I remember how enthusiastic I was once I made up my mind to study literature as my major. I thought about my straight As and my honours and my masters and my PHD and my academic research and writing and teaching at the higher level blarblarblar, and now I cannot even stand going back to school. Everything is so foreign after just a month of vacation. I feel so out of place and I cannot tell you how eager I am to get out of the place. I know I've hit rock bottom when I stepped into LT12 for my first lesson of the semester and thought, "Wah, what is this place, and what the hell am I doing here?". And it's film class, my favourite subject no less.
Other things have also changed. Like how no one can ever make me go near food like yogurt, cheese, celery, carrot, salad sauce (the creamy ones) among other things, all that belong to the past. Yes, I actually consume them now, and very willingly at that. I love celery, oh the horror. I'm sure there must be some scientific explanation behind this change and most likely it has got to do with growing older and growing weirder. Can't imagine how I am going to surprise myself in another decade.
In other news, I'm enjoying my yoga and Malay classes immensely. My yoga is getting pretty steady and my Malay is progressing well. Now all I need to do is get out of NUS and my life will be perfect. Well, near perfect.

1 Comments:
Dyne-> Sigh... same feeling here too... I'm enjoying Spanish and my singing classes more than any NUS module...
Post a Comment
<< Home