The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

SPOILERS -- I Not Stupid Too

Ladies and gentleman, after all that hassle, I am finally allocated my last module. That is to say, confirm can graduate le! :D

I still insist that the NUS School of Business is the shit because even now they still no reply. But never mind, still got Science, which is the emblem of professionalism because they got back to me within today, even after I messed up last week and appealed for a module that has an exam time clash with one of my literature modules and have to re-appeal today morning. Now what I've got is COMPUTATIONAL METHODS FOR BASIC FINANCE, which I guess is a close enough alternative to PERSONAL FINANCE. Who knows, it might be a more suitable course for me because I'm pretty sure I've read up on all there is to know about the fundamental aspect of analysing equities, so it only makes sense that I try to dabble into the technical analysis, get to understand how things work as it is. Uncovered this gem only when I was desperate enough to scroll through every department in the School of Science. Honestly, who would have thought that the Physics department, of all places, offers such interesting courses? Damn me for not looking there first.

***

On the second day of CNY, I went to watch I Not Stupid Too with my mum and my cousins. It's good. Better than the first one. But still, Jack Neo didn't quite get rid of the bad habit of TCS melodrama. I mean, just how many times must he feature the hospital? Honestly.

I thought the first half was really good. Like I've commented at length in my previous entry, I think he really got the skits to work in his advantage as far as cinematic expression is concerned. It's his style, ya know. You've only got to see the carefully crafted and contained skits on screen to know that you are watching a Jack Neo film, and that's good. Personal signature and all that. Everyone's acting is an ace and Shawn whatever is cute!, and gosh, that's one cute old grandmama! I love it when she appears. ~_<

Otherwise, I think it's an overall improvement from the first one. And I don't even mind that he ripped off the 'I just want to buy an hour of your time, daddy' chain email story.

One can tell that this time around, Jack Neo has gotten a better sense of how to manage the tragic-comedy balance. For the first, there were moments where he dragged on the tragic for far too long before providing comic relief. For the sequel, the timing is perfected. I highly recommend people to go watch it. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home