The Hubba Hubba

"Daily we see the height of intellect and the depth of stupidity which humanity can produce. It follows that if you are capable of one, you are capable of the other. Why should I expect any less from a fool than I expect from a genius? That way he is marked honestly, and he often surprises himself." -- Lacoon's Children, Sam Starbucks

Friday, August 19, 2005

Dead Uncertain

So yesterday I went for my second media writing class, and I'm starting to wonder if it's really worth that 997 points I used to bid for it. For one thing, it ain't as interesting as I've hoped. Yesterday's lesson was basically on writing proper English. I groaned when I saw the lecture notes. Many things are basic enough. The good thing that came out of it? I got really confused about things I thought I knew. And confuse is good, as Descrates would say, because doubt stimulates the mind and inspires new knowledge.

That said, I have to mention that I'm not entirely confident of my teachers. The following appeared in one of the powerpoint slides during class:

... do not be afraid to seek advise when in doubt ...
-- lecturer, on the trick to writing good English


It is overwhemlingly ironic for this to happen in a *writing* class. Tell me, what can I hope to get out of this class?

Maybe Americans really cannot spell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home